We are excited to announce our older boys tryout dates for the 2020 season.
1st Tryout – Friday, July 10th, 2020
- 2005 – 5:00 PM
- 2004 – 5:00 PM
- 2003/02 – 6:30 PM
Tryout Facility Address:
Wilmington Athletic Complex – 1700 S. Figueroa St, Wilmington, CA 90744
Steel United is a non-profit soccer club committed to maximizing each player’s potential on and off the field. We produce highly skilled players who are dynamic and competent both physically and mentally. When players leave the pitch, our job isn’t done. Education, life skills, and personal development of every young athlete is at the heart of everything we do.
Steel United CA club teams are year-round teams with a focus on long-term player development and the highest level of coaching is provided to all the players. The club provides an environment that will challenge every player to reach their full potential and an atmosphere that supports the growth and development of every individual player.
Steel United was formed for the purpose of developing players to their maximum potential both as individuals and within a team framework. Teams within the club are formed on a selective basis utilizing annual tryouts to identify players with the strongest potential to develop within a serious, competitive environment. The goal of each team will be to strive to compete at the highest level of play appropriate for the individuals within the team. The club has a very high standard of commitment, effort, and dedication from both players and parents and we constantly strive to ensure these standards are fully acceptable to all participants.
Competitive Boys and Girls teams U9-U18, plus a full Junior Academy for U8 players.
- 3 Practices per week for Elite level teams. 2 Practices per week for Premier level teams
- Competitive club training environment
- Experienced, Qualified Coaches that are a part of our continuous professional development pathway and access to the Steel Sports Coaching System.
- National Camp and Teams for the U15 & U16 Boys and Girls Age groups.
- Exclusive access to the Fusionetics injury prevention and strength & conditioning platform
- Additional Steel United Individual Development Program
- Yearly performance evaluation
- Specialist goalkeeping program
- College Pathway Program and education modules